As part of the Cancun Adaptation Framework, Parties established the Adaptation Committee (AC) to promote the implementation of enhanced action on adaptation in a coherent manner under the Convention, inter alia, through the following functions:
- Providing technical support and guidance to the Parties;
- Sharing of relevant information, knowledge, experience and good practices;
- Promoting synergy and strengthening engagement with national, regional and international organizations, centres and networks;
- Providing information and recommendations, drawing on adaptation good practices, for consideration by the COP when providing guidance on means to incentivize the implementation of adaptation actions, including finance, technology and capacity-building;
- Considering information communicated by Parties on their monitoring and review of adaptation actions, support provided and received.
Overview of the 2022-2024 flexible workplan of the Adaptation Committee